IT7900HV series represents a new generation of programmable, full four-quadrant grid simulators that can also be used as fourquadrant power
amplifiers for testing all kinds of grid-connected products. Examples include PCS, energy storage systems,micro-grids, BOBC (V2X) and power
related hardware loop simulation (PHiL). With the energy regenerative function, it provides 100% current absorption and feeds back to the grid
through the device, saving power and cooling costs.
IT7900HV series is a high-voltage series with voltage up to 700 VL-N, even up to 1050 VL-N. The power can be easily extended to 900 kVA by parallel operation. Also, it has touch-screen, concise UI interface, and powerful arbitrary waveform editing function that can simulate a variety of grid disturbance waveforms. It is good choice for test and R&D labs.
- Voltage up to 700 VL-N1050 VL-N
- Regenerative grid simulator & full 4-Quadrant AC&DC power sources
- Professional anti-islanding test mode, can set and simulate the RLC (resistive-inductive-capacitive), active and reactive power circuit for anti-islanding detection
- AC, DC, AC+DC or DC+AC output capability
- Supported regulatory testing include IEC61000-4-11/4-13/4-14/4-28 etc
- Comprehensive working modes selectable: single-phase, three-phase, reversed phase and multi-channel
- Programmable Output Impedance, allows simulation of Real-World Utility Grid Impedance
- Compliance tests incl LVRT /Phase Jump/Frequency variation/Harmonic Injection
- Supports CC/CV/CP modes
- Power Amplifier function for PHiL applications
- Master-slave parallel with current sharing technology, up to 960kVA
- Intuitive touch screen; Built-in single/3-phase AC power meter; Scope function
- Fast response time and high accuracy 0.1%+0.2%FS
- Waveforms Library : Sine wave, Square wave, Triangle wave, Clipped sine waves, Staircase wave, Self-defined waves
- Harmonics and Interharmonics waveform synthesizer
- Power line disturbance simulation testing by LIST programming/SWEE/Surge & Sag functions
- The harmonic measurement function can measure 50th order harmonics of voltage and current
- Output 0-360 ° start/stop phase angle can be set
- Front panel USB port for data and waveform import and export
- Provides various trigger input/output signals. When amplitude/frequency changes, trigger signals can be generated to synchronously capture the current waveform of DUTs
- Relay CTRL function, to cut off the connection between instrument and DUT
- Frequency lock and phase lock function, tracking the external signal frequency and phase, to achieve 6 phase & 12 phase power output
- Built-in USB/CAN/LAN/Digital IO interface, optional GPIB
- Analog & RS232
- *500V stay tuned! *For more high power, please call for availability
- Battery simulation function
Regenerative 4-Quadrant AC Grid Simulator
The IT7900 series represent the newest generation of programmable, full four-quadrant grid simulators with full 100% of current rating in both source and sink mode, and provides energy recovery capability. The power generated by the DUT during the test can be easily fed back to the AC grid, rather than being dissipated as heat,which protects the environment and lowers the cost of operation.It can be applied to the applications in testing grid-tied products that inject energy into the grid, such as the frequency changes, voltage transients and DC injection of grid-tied/off-grid inverters testing.
High power density
The IT7900 series provides different compact structures from 1U/2U/3U stand-alone to 15U/27U/37U cabinets, which can meet testing needs from 2k to 165kVA. The 3U/15kVA model is only 1/12 the size of ordinary AC power supplies on the market, which greatly saves testing space. There is no need to deploy more cabinets or expand the laboratory, saving testing costs for you.
Master/Slave parallel, power up to 960kVA
IT7900 series can be master-slave paralleled to get higher current and power. Maximum 64 sets can be paralleled to reach 960kVA, the parallel is flexible and convenient. IT7900 comes with synchronous On/Off input and output signals, which ensure the synchronization of paralleling and ensures synchronous current sharing of multiple modules. After paralleling, all functions are retained and there’s no loss of accuracy, making the construction of the power system faster, more flexible, and more economical, either it is a stand-alone test or ATE system.
Application: Microgrid Testing
Microgrids can be seen as small power systems, but they are also a typical distributed generation system, so both equipment manufacturers and professional grid research laboratories need to establish simulation testing requirements. The IT7900 series not only meets the testing requirements of phase angle jump, low voltage ride-through, frequency variation and harmonic injection, but also feeds power back to the AC grid, meeting the microgrid testing requirements.
AC, AC+DC working mode
IT7900 series can be used as a "full four-quadrant AC/DC power supply" and provides four output modes: AC, DC, AC+DC, and DC+AC. Not only provide pure AC/DC output, use AC+DC and DC+AC output modes to realize "AC output superimposed DC bias" and simulate "DC output waveform with ripple" to meet the complex application requirements of engineers. In DC mode, the rated power in 100% AC mode can be achieved.
Built-in various type of distorted waveforms
(Power Line Disturbance (PLD) test)
In addition to sine waveform, IT7900 series provides various standard AC waveforms, such as triangular wave, sawtooth wave, square wave, trapezoidal wave and clipped sine wave. These waves can be easily recall from the menu and displayed in the LCD touch screen. Moreover, in combination with sequence programming function, users can realize multiple waveform continuous output, to cope with complex power line disturbance test.
Harmonic and inter-harmonic simulation
With high-speed DSP technology, IT7900 series is capable of simulating harmonic, inter-harmonic and harmonic synthesis. By setting the amplitude and phase, it can simulate up to 50th harmonics(fundamental frequency is 50Hz or 60Hz), creating a periodic distortion waveform. It also has built-in 30 types harmonic distortion waveforms for quick recall. Harmonic test is one of the important tests for EMC immunity, and single-phase harmonics, three-phase harmonics and three-phase harmonic unbalance output can be realized, also meet IEC regulations test requirements.
User-defined Arbitrary waveform function
IT7900 series provides user-defined waveform editing function that allows users to simulate the effects of real AC or DC power supply systems on DUT’s in different test environments by importing real waveform data into the device, it supports up to 1024 points of data import.